CAREERS: Assistant Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting the assigned Project Manager and Project Superintendent in the planning, management direction, project completion, client satisfaction, and financial outcome of assigned construction project. The ideal candidate will be required to assist the assigned Project Manager in coordinating all contractual requirements, design drawings, and project specifications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Project Manager and Site Superintendent to manage projects, subcontractors, suppliers, and building officials to meet construction deadlines, architectural requirements, building codes and owner/tenants’ expectations.
- Is an effective communicator, good at planning and organizing, and has technical and professional knowledge.
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate professional and sub-professional construction management work; motivate employees to achieve goals and objectives; manage several diverse projects simultaneously; effectively resolve complaints and issues.
- Must have a college degree and/or a minimum of 2 years Multifamily experience.
- Distribute, track, and maintain plans and specs.
- Develop, maintain, and track the contract and owner job schedule.
- Direct negotiations for subcontractor and vendor/supplier contracting and purchase orders.
- Direct Submittal and Shop Drawing procurement, review, and approval.
- Organize and approve subcontractor Pay Apps for content and accuracy.
- Organize and approve material and vendor invoicing.
- Generate owner, subcontractor and supplier change orders.
- Provide monthly job cost projections.